Revd. Jane Colley, Associate Minister and Acting Vicar

I was born and grew up in the Midlands, the middle of three children. As a family, we attended a modern church centre with lots going on for teenagers, so I have very happy memories of those years. I recall that having had to memorize Psalm 8, I was struck by the immensity and wonder of God – of the God who also loves each one of us intimately, holding us in the palm of His hand. I gave my life to Him.

On leaving school, I spent a year in Germany on a Christian voluntary work scheme and then trained as a residential social worker, at the end of which I was offered a three year mission posting in Pakistan as a (very young) matron in a boarding school supported by the Church of England.

Following these challenging years, I moved to Cheshire and spent about twenty years in Residential work with emotionally damaged children.

Martyn and I married in 1996 (a second marriage for both of us), and between us we have five children and eight grandchildren.

In 1998 I undertook a short training course in teaching English as a foreign language and began a ten year association with the Elim Bible College in Nantwich as a supply teacher.

The following year Martyn and I were invited to teach O level English in Pakistan, in the school where I had previously worked. We split our time between Pakistan and England for the following eight years, eventually opening a community project which provided health care, a sewing school, a wedding hire service, beautician training and English teaching.

Our visits to Pakistan came to an abrupt end in December 2007 when the government deported us for reasons which have never been declared, but the community project has continued under local management.

In the last six years I have experienced God nudging me, challenging me and making a way where there seems to be no way! I feel hugely privileged to be able to join you once again at All Saints and St Peter’s and look forward to whatever God has in store for us.

No comments: